With so many hoverboards on the market today in marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, which are the best hoverboards to buy in 2020? Is it a good idea to buy a new hoverboard or a used one? Perhaps you’re considering making a purchase of an eBay hoverboard or an Amazon hoverboard. Before you do, consider that it could mean losing out on vital features such as a warranty or added benefits like free shipping or Bluetooth. This buying guide will help you compare the best hoverboard brands against each other, and reign a champion.
Introducing You to the Best Hoverboards
Years back the craze of hoverboards bloomed into the tech-world and with celebrities showing off their Instagram pictures, it became a burning sensation. Thereon, we have seen tremendous growth in the manufacturing industry of electric scooters. A time came, especially in the 2015’s when the demand went up high and to yield cheaper products, some of the Chinese companies began producing low-quality products. These poorly manufactured boards had awful batteries and internal-built which made it prone to fire accidents and overheating. The rate of production of these low-quality products became so high that there were many potential fire incidents reported to be fatal and life-taking, after which these were banned in many of the US and UK cities. Major airlines completely banned carrying the hoverboards. However, with the increasing demand for this techie stuff, the manufacturers took a leap and started manufacturing products with high quality and assurance of safety. Earlier there weren’t any safety regulating standards but now we have UL certified boards with supreme quality and safety assurance.
How Would You Rate A Hoverboard To Be Best?
We bring to you a list of UL 2272 certified electric scooters which are considered to be best, both quality-wise as well as wisely-built. The features which we have focussed for you are varied on your multifarious basis. If you are style freak then we have Minipro for you, if you fancy speed and love racing with the winds then you have a great option to go with Epikgo or Halo Rover (and others). There are different models you should try for outdoor and indoor riding. Some work equally well everywhere and for all age groups like the Hovertrax 2.0. There are various options for kids, teenagers, and adults based on the features. It is the same as selecting the smaller ones for kids which can give optimum speed and go for the racers gallery for the ones who are acquainted with riding on uneven surfaces. A set of best reviews of top 10 hoverboards of 2020 will help you in making the right choice.
Top Hoverboards in 2020
With so many new brands emerging in the hoverboard market, it is becoming increasingly difficult to select the best from the available lots. Extensive research work is needed to conclude the one which suits your requirements. But who has got so much of time to hurl across multiple websites and read thousands of reviews out of which not all might be correct. That is why we have compiled and brought to you the legitimate features of the best brand hoverboards. These are the updated features, so you can know what’s trending on the market today and also which brand is producing some of the best products. Since we are safety concerned, we have mentioned only UL 2272 certified brands on our website.
To learn about top hoverboards of 2020, read below:
Street Saw AlienSaw: Lamborghini Hoverboard 8 Inch
Kids and adults alike have been raving about Street Saw ever since the company debuted in 2015. Now, with the advent of the Aliensaw, known to many as the Lamborghini hoverboard, the world of hoverboards just got more exciting. The Aliensaw packs a punch, and you should know that this is an 8-inch hoverboard too, so it is larger than the typical 6.5-inch models that most competitors have. The Aliensaw is the best hoverboard that we have tested to date, though the company’s other models aren’t far behind. With the Aliensaw rocking a full-blown high-definition wireless Bluetooth module, it connects to devices such as iPhone and Android. It will also connect to any other Bluetooth-enable device too, such as an Apple iPad or perhaps even an Apple Watch. Boasting the safest in hoverboard battery technology, you can rest assured your house and children are safe using this cutting edge hoverboard.
Reserved mainly for the most demanding consumers, the Aliensaw hoverboard is priced in the middle of the range when it comes to hoverboards. It is a solid-built hoverboard too, so you know that it won’t fall apart. You really get what you pay for when it comes to hoverboards, so it’s good to know that this self-balancing scooter gives you some of the best value of all the models we’ve reviewed.
- 350w motors boast a top speed of up to 12mph! This is one of the fastest hoverboards we reviewed.
- Range of up to 12 to 15 miles. The Aliensaw has a 4400mAh battery, which means that it can go much farther than most of today’s hoverboards (which only utilize a 2000mAh battery most of the time)
- The shell and components are built to be solid and safe. You won’t crack or break the Aliensaw easily, as the outer plastic is made of durable certified material.
- The Aliensaw hoverboard comes in a wide variety of colors that no other company offers. Choose from over 18 different color combinations, including electroplate and chrome hoverboard colors.
- Capable of carrying a 220lb rider with ease. Heavier riders should checkout Street Saw’s other models like the FutureSaw Pro Edition or the RockSaw.
- The Aliensaw is UL certified so you can rest easy knowing that the hoverboard has been looked over by the eyes of picky professionals.
- Each side of the Aliensaw has an LED light above the wheel that shines in red, green, and blue colors. Unlike other brands, the Street Saw Aliensaw allows for adjustment of these LED lights from an easy to use remote that is located just inside of the hoverboard.
- At a price of less than $300, the Aliensaw is a real bargain. You would think that the “Lamborghini hoverboard” would cost much more, but not in the case of this model.
Razor Hovertrax 2.0: Self Balancing Smart Scooter
Just in case you haven’t ever heard of Razor, you must know that it is one of the world’s leading and trusted global leader in electric recreational products. Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is its best product that has stolen the hearts of many young enthusiastic riders. Its smart architecture makes it fit for all kinds of terrains including the highly uneven surfaces. This is one hell of a hoverboard combining features like smart battery, motors and speed as well. Be it riding outside on the street or indoors, it works equally well. One of the great things about Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is its excellent self-balancing nature. As soon as you press the power button it begins its task, unlike other boards which take a bit of time. Likewise, there will be a slight waiting time for you when you intend to get off, but that won’t be a problem once you are a pro. If you check out the Amazon review of the customers, you will be surprised to see such a great response. Greater insight into its features is as follows:
- 10 mph! Yes, that’s the maximum speed it offers. That’s pretty cool.
- It has a range of 10 miles, which is great to ride back and forth the new market. For those who do not know what range is, it is the distance that your hoverboard can cover in one go when charged fully.
- The built is slimmer and is light weighted, making it portable. It’s small enough to fit in your bag pack.
- Like any other standard hoverboard, it has a weight capacity of 220 pounds and comes in black, blue and white.
- It is UL 2272 certified so no question on safety issues. The 350-watt motor and wide tires make it fair to drive it smoothly without constraint.
- Its new features include cool-blue LED light bar display, fender bumpers, LED battery power indicator, and two riding modes for training & normal use.
- Most of the fire issues are caused due to ill manufactured batteries. With Hovertrax 2.0 you get authentic and high-quality LG batteries with quality assurance which is safest for you and your family.
- All these exciting features in just $400. It couldn’t have been a better deal!
SwagTron T1: The Evergreen Brand; Best For Personal Transport
This brand is well known for its quality since its inception. Along with rendering special features that meet your day to day requirements, it is pretty handy when it comes to the budget. At an affordable price, you can get a great item, all in SwagTron. It is a vast manufacturing unit and SwagTron T1 is just one of its best production units. You won’t face any kind of fire issues as most of the hoverboards faced back in the 2015s. Most of the customer reviews we have seen so far for this model have been positive and overall satisfactory. The new features include LED headlights, battery indicators, rubber bumpers, and two riding modes. Apart from a decent design, let us introduce you to the silent features of this electric scooter:
- The speed is decent with a maximum speed of 8 mph. To let you know, this model is counted in the list of top speed hoverboards available in the market.
- It can cover as high as 12 miles. So, the range it offers it quite great.
- The weight is not very high and like most of the standard hoverboards, it supports around 220 pounds. That’s good for even a healthy man to take a beautiful, long-lasting ride.
- Now since it is a UL certified brand, its batteries are tested, have proper wiring and charging systems and have undergone several tests. Eureka, it’s completely safe! But hey, that’s only till you do not hit or scratch your board intentionally; you got to take care of it.
- If you ever wondered about the quality of its motors, you will be amazed to know that it has an upgraded 250-watt motor and gear stabilization for tighter control and downhill traction. Not a bad deal, eh?
- The refilling time is pretty nice. So, it takes just 1 hour to completely charge this hoverboard.
- So, is it in your budget? Well, it is inexpensive compared to most of the hoverboards available today, with so many features available. You can easily get them under $300 and help yourself save a few bucks without compromising on the quality.
Tomoloo Electric Scooter: The Fire Resistant scooter
Apart from being UL certified, complying with all the safety standards and norms, these electric scooters have an additional feature being fire and temperature resistant. More than 90 per cent of the reviews has given top rating to this brand which is in great demand these days. Due to its excellent quality and presence of Bluetooth technology being offered at a similar price, it has become one of the most sold hoverboards in recent time. Let’s have a close glance at some of its main features:
- With a top speed of 8 mph, it is capable of giving a range of 11 miles. So that’s a good number.
- It operates in two modes- one for the beginner’s mode and other at normal mode. It is user-friendly and provides easier operations to its customers.
- Some of its attractive features include multicoloured LED which lights up in three different colours including red, blue and green. Along with that, it has a Bluetooth speaker which you can make use of, for listening to music during your ride. It has 6.5 inch high wheels making it easier to travel both indoors and outdoors.
- Another reason why this is on the top ten list is the warranty it offers and 24×7 customer service on any of the issues where you get stuck.
- This hoverboard, which is in great demand these days, can be purchased in $350-$400. The price range varies from store to store and also from websites to websites.
Epikgo: The Stable Rider
If stability is what you crave for, with larger foot area to hold on, then Epikgo is for you. With over 30% size larger than standard hoverboard brands it has become one of the top-rated hoverboards on Amazon. With powerful batteries, standard charging system, and stylish built, it is one of those attractive electric scooters you would fancy. To get more of its features, you may read the following:
- It is suitable for all kinds of terrain, be it streets or sand or snow. That is why some of them refer to it as an all-terrain board.
- It has an amazing speed limit of 10 mph. Riding on Epikgo at 10 mph is like racing like a champion.
- The wheels are such an attraction. The 8.5-inch wheel makes it easy to ride on even rough patches including grass and gravel. The wide board is good for people with heavier built as well.
- It also has a great weight capacity of 265 pounds. Not all hoverboards can carry such a weight. So, this is its plus point.
- Very few hoverboards, if you want, can travel inclined planes for you. But this scooter can climb up to 18 degrees of inclination. Isn’t it stupendous?
- The 400-watt dual motor offers greater control and stability over the ride. It is all safe, with batteries being manufactured by L.G and wheel frame made of alloy.
- So all these come with a hefty price tag, isn’t it? If you have saved a good sum of $600 then definitely this is best for you. So, what have you been thinking about?
Segway miniPro: A Smart Choice
Hoverboards are not stuff that you buy every day. Your one-time investment if made wisely can give you relief from buying it again for years. Although a bit costlier, Segway miniPro is the best choice in its way. Let’s have a glance at its wonderful features:
- The speed, if you consider, is better than satisfactory; In fact, it’s great. 10 mph is the maximum speed it offers a range of 14 miles. Whoa, 14 miles sounds pretty awesome.
- Like most standard hoverboards, it has a maximum weight capacity of 220 pounds.
- The wheels are pretty big. Yes, the 10.5-inch wheel is big enough to ride well on highly uneven surfaces. These wheels have the great shock-absorbing capacity.
- Additional features include a mobile app, remote control operation, anti-theft alarm, speed control, customizable lights, vehicle diagnostics, and firmware updates. Sounds too much for a personal transporter!
- Despite having great features and a magnesium alloy frame, it is light weighted and meets the safety standards.
- The cost can go as high as $500 but the product you get is unbeatable and of superb quality.
Swagtron T3: The Swagtron With Bluetooth
This is nothing very dissimilar to the Swagtron T1 we have talked about already. Additional to all those features, in Swagtron T3 you get the Bluetooth feature to enjoy. Now you might ask what good is Swagtron T3 over Swagtron T1. I would say it’s a bit sturdy and with a solid built. Only if you are very much craving for music over a perfect ride, then only go for it. Otherwise, the price will unnecessarily reach heights.[amazon box=”B0716DQD9V” template=”horizontal”]
So, that was all about the best hoverboards to buy in 2020.
[amazon box=”B01ET6JKK6,B0713SYKXQ,B07RNCXC99″ grid=”3″]