Hoverboard Charging Guide – All Hoverboard Charging Problems Solved
You have purchased your hoverboard. However, you may be confused about the charging the hoverboard. Many questions are revolving in your mind about the hoverboard. How can you charge hoverboard? What can you do hoverboard is not charging? How to know that hoverboard is fully charged or not? How much time does it take to charge the hoverboard? In fact, you can get answers to questions here.
Instructions to charge the hoverboard
You should have the knowledge about the colors that have reflected in the hoverboard in the charging mode. In fact, it takes around 12 hours for the hoverboard to get fully charged. Moreover, when the charger of the hoverboard turns green means that the hoverboard is fully charged. However, the color of the charger turns to solid green after 12 hours of charging. Moreover, after charging the hoverboard for a short period the color of the charger turns of solid green. Then, this means that the battery of the hoverboard is not fully charged. You can prefer to charge the hoverboard even it has not completely drained. Here are the following steps to provide the guide to charge the hoverboard are as follows:
- First and the foremost thing is that you should have the correct charger to charge your hoverboard. In fact, you should make sure that the voltage is accurate for your scooter. Apart from that, the razor electric products require 24 or 36-voltage charger, depending on the model of the hoverboard.
- You should plug in the charger in the appropriate power outlet. More, when you insert the charger of the hoverboard in the power outlet, the color of the light of the charger should be solid green.
- In the next step, you have to plug in the charger in your hoverboard. You have to ensure that the hoverboard has correctly plugged into the charger port. Then the color should be solid red.
- After that, the charging of the hoverboard is complete then the charger turns to green. You have unplugged the charger from the wall then from the charger port. Now, your hoverboard is fully charged, you can use it for a ride.
How can you know that the hoverboard is charging or not?
Now, you know to charge the hoverboard. Apart from that, you should have the knowledge that your hoverboard is charging is not.
- You start with the charging of your hoverboard, the charge let you know how much battery charged.
- The color of it turns from red to green then the battery is fully charged.
- Apart from that, the charger of the hoverboard does not light when the battery of the hoverboard is not fully charged.
How long it takes fully charge the hoverboard?
On an average, a swegway hoverboard takes around 2-3 hours to get fully charged. Therefore, this fact is applicable to the majority of the brands. In fact, the charging point of the hoverboard depends on the size of the hoverboard. A bigger hoverboard takes more time to get fully charged. However, you should be careful while charging the hoverboard because it has recommended not keeping the hoverboard too long for charging. The hoverboard needs only 2 hours charging. There is no need of keeping the hoverboard charging for 10 hours overnight. The charger of the hoverboard has the light that can let you know that hoverboard is fully charged or not.
How long the battery of hoverboard lasts after fully charged?
You can a take the fully charged hoverboard anywhere from 2-6 hours for a continuous ride. In most of the hoverboards, you can find battery light flash when the battery has to charge. More, it is a better than slowly coming to halt.
How to find that hoverboard charger is working or not?
You can perform the following test to find that the hoverboard charger is functioning or not. In fact, there is a need to replace the charger or not.
- You can plug the charger into the wall. After plugging the charger into the wall, it should have the green
- Then, you have to plug the charger in the hoverboard. The light of the charger changes from red to green.
- There is red light, then you need not to 7 step. You have to look at the light of the charger if it does not change to red. However, you have to perform 12 step.
- There is no light. Therefore, you need to check that if the hoverboard charger is not working or the socket is not getting power.
- In fact, you can the socket with your any other device working. For this purpose, take your phone charger and check.
- After checking the socket with your phone charger, you find that the socket is working. Therefore, you have to buy a new charger for your hoverboard.
- You can charge your hoverboard for 2-3 hours. However, the hoverboard battery gets a charge in 2-3 hours.
- Then, charging your hoverboard for 2-3 hours. You have unplugged the charger and press on/off button to turn it on.
- Your hoverboard does not start after fully charged. For this issue, check the wiring of the hoverboard. After checking the wiring of the hoverboard, it starts then proceeds to the next step.
- Hoverboards starts, after that, you see both lights are green. This means that some sort of battery has charged. Moreover, the green light of the hoverboard is blinking then the hoverboard is not fully charged or typically less than 20%. Apart from that red light is blinking in your hoverboard, which means that the battery of the hoverboard is less than 5%. However, you should not ride the hoverboard when the red light is beeping.
- You find that both lights of the hoverboard are green. Then, you ride the hoverboard. In the meantime, riding the hoverboard, it does not last for long. There is some issue with the hoverboard battery.
- You see that your hoverboard light is always green, either the battery is fully charged or the hoverboard battery is defective. However, your hoverboard battery does not last for long after a full charge and it shows a red Some issues need to rectify.
Safety measures while charging the hoverboard to avoid fire
You are aware of the explosion of the hoverboard. However, you need to be careful while charging the hoverboard. Even, you want to know that it is safe to charge the hoverboard. In fact, there are some safety measures that you can adopt while charging your hoverboard. Furthermore, you have one hoverboard or if you are planning to buy, one these measures can guide for charging your hoverboard safely to avoid fire.
Do hoverboards explode or not?
Simply the answer to this question is no. However, this depends on the quality of the hoverboard. In fact, hoverboard explosion does not happen with a good quality hoverboard. However, if you have purchased counterfeit model then there are chances of an explosion. This is because these kind hoverboards come with the low quality of battery installed in it. More, if the battery of these hoverboards has overcharged then the battery explodes. There is not much explosion, but it is like frizzle. Moreover, the battery can catch fire if incorrectly used.
Causes of hoverboards catching fire
In 2015, hoverboards catching fire news was at a peak. In China, there were many factories manufacturing hoverboards like branded ones but comprising with the quality. Millions of hoverboards sold in the different countries. The most expensive part of the hoverboard is its lithium ion battery. It provides large current to hoverboard wheels. Battery needs to recharge for a short period. Official brand of Samsung batteries is expensive. However, factories are involved in manufacturing counterfeit batteries. These kind of counterfeit batteries are responsible for hoverboards catching fire. Moreover, these counterfeit batteries left for charging for a long period due to overcharging catches fire.
How to find the hoverboard battery is counterfeit or legitimate?
It is easy to find out that the hoverboard battery is counterfeit or legitimate. You have to find the UL certification on the base of the hoverboard and on the charger. However, if you do not find the UL certification then your hoverboard and its battery are counterfeit. Another way is that some of the hoverboard sold under $200, but it is impossible to sell the hoverboard at this low price. This is because the cost of the battery, motor and other parts of the hoverboard is more than $200. In fact, if you pay more $200 there is no guarantee that the hoverboard is legitimate. Apart from that, you can prefer Amazon if you want to buy the hoverboard online.
How can you charge a real hoverboard?
You have a real hoverboard then you can charge it normally. This kind of hoverboards does not catch fire or explode. Simply you can plug in the charger in the hoverboard for 2-3 hours. However, you should not keep the hoverboard charging overnight. This increases the risk of battery explosion. Hoverboards like Swagtron and Hoverzon models come up with fireproof. In these hoverboards, there is no chances hoverboards explosion or catching fire.
How can your hoverboard with a counterfeit charger?
You have a counterfeit hoverboard. It has strongly recommended that you have to replace this hoverboard with the safe one. These hoverboards can be dangerous so you should not use them. However, if you want to charge the hoverboard then charge it in an open environment under supervision. More, you should keep a fire extinguisher along.
What to do hoverboard has damaged?
Your carelessness or by mistake damages your hoverboard. If your hoverboard gets submerge in water. You have to dry the hoverboard. However, after drying the hoverboard you should not charge it. You have to take the hoverboard to the repair.
What to do the charger is counterfeit?
In few reports, it has revealed that some vendors are picking official hoverboards with counterfeit chargers. You have a counterfeit charge, then you can buy official one with trusted online sites like Amazon. Other online sites like e bay are not aware of the authentication of the official chargers. More, when you get to know that your charger is counterfeit then you should not use the charger.
What is UL certification in hoverboards?
Due to fire or explosion in hoverboards, every hoverboard sold in the USA has UL certification on it. This certification tests the hoverboard in different ways. In these tests, the hoverboards are dropped, getting them wet and apply pressure to them. A well-qualified and efficient team of engineers look at these hoverboards is safe for use or not. In fact, it is important that the hoverboards are UL certified, as it does not catch way. For this reason, it has strongly advised purchasing UL certified hoverboards to avoid risk.
Hoverboards are safe to use or not
Yes, it is safe to use the hoverboards. However, you should be careful while charging the hoverboards. Apart from that, you have counterfeit hoverboard then these guidelines are useful for you. More, you should follow these guidelines carefully. There is no need to worry if you have UL certified hoverboard. You can charge the hoverboard anytime without worrying about fire or explosion. However, you should take some precautions with the certified hoverboards to avoid risky situations.